Saturday, December 31, 2011

Why?

I love wargames and I am fascinated by the mathematics underpinning different  systems.


The best games have very strong mathematical foundations that prevent them boiling down into a simple game of rock, paper, scissors.


I play Warmachine and Hordes a lot, and have recently become a Press Ganger (Volunteer) for Privateer Press. My current factions are Cygnar, Cryx, Mercs and Legion and so you may well see my perspective is biased by my play style.


My project for 2012 will be Trolls, but my painting plate is pretty full at the moment, and so it will be late in the year before anything happens with those big tough blue monsters.



Warmachine and Hordes have an incredibly tight set of tournament rules, a clear rulebook, simultaneous faction release schedule and utterly fantastic models. Then you have the fantastic 2d6 system of action success with the ability to gain extra dice and make the action a "sure thing".


Now I am not claiming to be any kind of maths professor, I studied triple maths at A level and have a BA Hons in Economics (so call me an enthusiastic amateur), but I like to explore stuff that I find interesting and thought I would share some of them with you. That is how I ended up with math-machine.







No comments:

Post a Comment